Coronavirus Infection Prevention & Control Policy (COVID-19) For La Beautè Boutique.
My priority is to keep you as safe as possible, and prior to re-opening the salon I have implemented a number of changes which I would like to make you aware of. During the time the salon has been shut, I have completed the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Infection Prevention and Control course which is accredited by the Guild of Professional Beauty Therapists Ltd, the UK trade body for our industry. I have since made a number of changes in the way that we operate that you will notice when you next visit.
- Please book all appointments via the book now button on my website and Facebook page or message me directly
- If I feel unwell or have symptoms of C0VlD-19, I will self-isolate immediately and not come into the salon. This may mean that I have to cancel your appointment at short notice. I appreciate that this may be inconvenient but it is done entirely for your own safety. If your appointment is cancelled you will be able to re-book again or ask for a full refund / voucher.
- If you or any of the people you live with feel ill or display any symptoms of C0VlD-19 – please advise us as soon as possible and DO NOT COME TO THE SALON FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT. I have temporarily amended the salon booking terms and conditions and you will not be charged for any appointments which you miss due to illness/ other.
Please visit The main symptoms of coronavirus are found on the NHS Site below, please check before attending an appointment:
- Salon opening hours and opening days will be increased to allow for cleaning time between clients
- We are operating a “By Appointment Only” service
- No other people are able to attend your appointment
- You may be required to complete a new consultation prior to your appointment
Visiting the Salon
- For your safety and to maintain social distancing, I ask that you attend your appointments as close to the appointment time as possible. Please do not turn up early for appointments as this may mean that you come into contact with other clients who are just leaving.
- All appointments are 1-2-1. No group bookings are allowed
- Upon arrival to salon please remove your coat. Place your mobile devices/keys/misc items in your handbag and sanitise your hands immediately using the nearest hygiene station
- Please make your way to the waiting area (treatment room 1) which is located at the front of the salon and I will let you know when I am ready to begin your service
- All magazines and reading material has been removed.
- Please do not bring unnecessary materials into salon
- I have increased the frequency of cleaning in the salon including making sure that common surfaces, toilets door handles etc are wiped clean using disinfectant products between each client.
- All tools and equipment will be disinfected or sterilised in line with the specific manufacturers’ instructions for your safety.
- Wherever possible I will utilise environmentally, friendly, single use items during a treatment that will be disposed of safely after use in order to protect you from cross infection.
- You will have access to soap and hot water to wash your hands prior to commencement of service and there is also hand sanitiser available for you to use when you come into the salon
- All areas within the salon are fitted with antibacterial hygiene stations
- You will be required to wear a face mask or wear disposable gloves when you visit the salon and during your treatment if this is appropriate.
- Please bring your own face mask/gloves when you attend your appointment. If you require a face mask/gloves you can purchase from salon for £1.50
- Please don’t be surprised or upset if I use personal protective equipment (PPE) during your visit and during your treatment. This may include disposable gloves, face mask, face shield and aprons where appropriate.
- I can confirm that the laundering of salon towels and uniforms is a priority I can assure you that all salon laundry is washed at 60 degrees C
- All disposable items are bagged and safely removed from the treatment area between each client / every day
- Children are not permitted in the salon at anytime
Retail and Testers
- Retail remains fully available
- All testers have been removed until further notice
- Where possible it is advisable that you wear minimal jewellery when attending your appointment
- I have carried out a risk assessment on all treatments and I am confident that I can continue to provide these safely. I am awaiting official guidelines that may introduce temporary limitations to some services
- There are no current plans to increase treatment prices at this time. The only exception to this is a mandatory PPE kit for all nail clients. These kits are supplied at a one-off cost of £7.50. You must have your own files, cuticle oil and sundries that are stored separate from all other clients. This kit will be sterilised after your treatment. Disposable items will be replaced complimentary and stored hygienically in readiness for your next appointment. These kits must not be removed from the salon
- Protective hygiene screen has been installed for all nail services
During your treatment
- I understand the importance of hand hygiene and we will ensure that I wash my hands in according with NHS recommendations before the start of your treatment.
- I will do everything I can to make your treatment as safe, comfortable and enjoyable as possible. If you have any concerns about your treatments please let me know and I will do what I can to satisfy you.
Food and Beverages
- Please do not bring food or beverages into the salon.
- I will provide bottled water in disposable cups. Please dispose of these prior to leaving the salon
- No hot beverages will be provided during your appointment
- No alcohol will be provided during your appointment
Mobile Phones and other devices
- The use of mobile phones/tablets/android devices and E-cigs are not permitted while in salon
After the treatment
- In order to avoid handling of cash, I would prefer if you could pay for your treatment by card / or in advance using bank transfers
All of these procedures have been implemented for your safety and mine. I will continue to take advice from the Government and the NHS regarding safe practice and will amend them as necessary.
Thank you for your understanding.
Lacy Farrow Salon Owner
Version 1.0 10 May 2020